Cruise Planners Releases List of 2023 Travel Trends Outlook
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. Jan. 13 – As we look ahead to 2023, it’s clear that the travel industry is back in a big way and the demand is at an unprecedented rate. At Cruise Planners, 2022 ended on a positive note, with purchases up 15% versus 2019, which was a banner year for travel. Below are the top Travel Trends we’re seeing for 2023 and what our network of advisors are focusing on during wave season.
When it comes to one of the biggest travel trends for 2023, luxury travel is the name of the game. In 2019, the global luxury market size was valued at $945.6 billion and is expected to grow 11% in the next 4 years.
“We know 2023 is the “Year of Travel” just by looking at the incredible number of sales we have on the books and it is not even a month into the new year,” said Michelle Fee, CEO and Founder of Cruise Planners. “Luxury is at the top of the list and clients want to make memories and are sparing no expense to create them with loved ones.”
One of the segments within the luxury travel market that has seen an influx of growth is the luxury cruise segment. Cruise Planners advisors are booking these popular destinations :
- European River
- Baltic Sea
- Africa- Middle East- India
Other key cruising destinations include Alaska (trending at 32% for 2023 departures compared to 2019), Caribbean (+12% for 2023 compared to 2019) and Europe, which is also seeing a strong interest with 32% for 2023 departures compared to 2019.
Other trends looking up include:
- Increased focus on sustainability: With concerns about the impact of tourism on the environment growing, it’s likely that we’ll see more travelers seeking out eco-friendly options for their vacations. This could include an increase in the popularity of eco-tourism, as well as a greater emphasis on sustainable practices at hotels and resorts. LNG powered ships are also on the rise for major cruise lines as they look to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Rise of domestic travel: High air fares have made some people hesitant to travel internationally, and this trend is likely to continue in the short-term. As a result, we could see an increase in domestic travel, as people explore more of their own country and region.
- Growth of remote work: The pandemic has accelerated the trend of remote work, and it’s likely that many people will continue to work remotely, at least part-time, even after the pandemic ends. This could lead to a rise in “digital nomad” travel, as people take advantage of the freedom and flexibility that remote work offers to travel more.
- Multi-Generational Travel: Families are maximizing time together by making sure grandparents, parents and children travel together. Caribbean cruises and Mexican all-inclusive resorts are great options for those looking for this type of travel.
- Personalization and customization: With so much choice available, travelers are increasingly seeking out personalized and customized experiences that cater to their individual interests and preferences. This could include everything from custom-tailored tours to personalized vacation packages.
- Wellness vacations: According to the Global Wellness Institute report, wellness tourism will see a combined 21% of growth from now until 2025. These days, a new crop of getaways caters to every aspect of your well-being.
Overall, it’s clear that the travel industry will continue to adapt and evolve in the face of changing trends and circumstances. By staying attuned to these trends, travelers can be sure to have a safe and enjoyable vacation experience in 2023 and beyond.
Cruise Planners was founded in 1994 and is the nation’s largest home-based travel agent franchise network. As a leader in the travel franchise industry, Cruise Planners positions a nation-wide network of 2,500 franchise owners for success by providing innovative marketing programs, proprietary and cutting-edge booking and technology tools, as well as professional development and travel agent training with the industry’s top executives. The company continues to be an industry leader and was named the No.1 travel franchise by Entrepreneur magazine for 18 consecutive years and awarded by Franchise Business Review as “Best-In-Category” for 2 years.
Franchise Business Review also ranked Cruise Planners #3 OVERALL on their list of Top 200 Franchises of 2022. Cruise Planners was recently featured in Entrepreneur as one of the top 30 franchise innovators in technology, has been consistently named as one of the Top Women-Owned Businesses by the South Florida Business Journal, is on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, and was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces by the Sun Sentinel.
Visit our website, www.cruiseplanners.com, for more information or to view the complete list of awards and honors. For those interested in becoming a franchise owner, please visit https://www.cruiseplannersfranchise.com/.